About the author
Welcome to yet another attempt to chronicle the many hobbies, obsessions, and random observations of one lady named Serenity. (Yes. It’s her real name. If you’re having trouble avoiding snarky references to science-fiction, anime, or sitcoms, she also goes by Ren, Renni, @settern, and “Hey You!”)
A former Los Angelino, failed film star, Hampshire College grad, trivia fiend, karaoke legend, and on-again-off-again fiction writer, Serenity now lives in Boston (but occasionally pops up in San Francisco). By day, she writes and edits for Macworld; by night, well, anything is possible.
Should you encounter her in the wild or on the internet, activities you might witness include:
- writing fictional exploits for doomed characters
- ranting about geeky obsessions on The Incomparable
- opining on Apple, technology, and the Web
- speeding through a roller derby pack
- knitting obscenely large scarves
- scribbling on post-its
- acting & directing
- making music
- geeking out over american history
- making people look like burn victims
- designing and implementing websites
You can also get the postcard-sized version of her credentials, follow her on Twitter, or just walk away slowly. Your choice.